We thought we’d twist it up a bit, give our nails a break, and review three braided hairstyle tutorials. We picked these:
- The Beauty Bean‘s waterfall braid
- My Kiss and Tell‘s “boho” headband braid
- Just Bebe XO’s braided bun
We’ve been seeing versions of this braid all over Pinterest and Instagram, and we were dying to try it even though it looked complicated.
- Take a large section of hair from the side that you part your hair.
- Section the braid into three and begin braiding. On the fourth twist, drop one of the sections. Pull that strand down so it falls with your other hair.
- Choose another piece of hair and braid it in. Drop and repeat. Tighten each dropped piece by pulling it down after each twist.
- Complete the braid by choosing a section of hair similar to the starting piece for the last braid. Bobby pin the braid, and tuck any hair left over under the braid.
- If you’re feeling the urge, you can also braid any leftover hair.
In conclusion: The waterfall braid wasn’t easy, but with some practice it’s doable and looks great. Make sure to keep the braid tight and don’t be afraid to pull on the strands you’ve already dropped so it looks nice and neat.